Sat, 18 August 2012
1. Shuster on 2012 presidential elections
2. Marans & Shuster on difference between Ryan's proposed Medicare cuts & Obama's Medicare savings in the Affordable Care Act
3. Ian Millhiser (@imillhiser), Senior Constitutional Policy Expert, Center for American Progress, on Arizona's crackdown on its own legal medical pot
4. Cliff Schecter (@Cliffschecter), co-owner, We Act Radio on Ryan pick and latest shooting in Texas.
1-2. Charlie Mitchell (@cfmtan), Editor-in-Chief, TAN, welfare reform, Romney claim that Obama loosened the work requirement, and the ongoing sags of Darrell Issa pursuing Eric Holder
3. David Frum (@davidfrum), contributing editor at Newsweek and The Daily Beast and a CNN contributor, on Ryan VP pick and the themes in his book Patriots
4. Frum debates Ryan VP pick with Francesca Chambers (@fran_chambers), Editor of Red Alert Politics - she likes Ryan pick, Frum not so much
1. Ben Barnett (@PoliticiansTV) on PA Voter ID laws, votespa.com and covering the 2000 DNC as one of the first online reporting teams
2-3. Activist of the Week: Bill McKibben (@billmckibben) is the author of over a dozen books, including most recently, Eaarth: Making a Life on a Tough New Planet about the ongoing impact of climate change, the Schumann Distinguished Scholar at Middlebury College, and founder of 350.org. McKibben led protests against Keystone XL and fracking.
4. How do I do that? with Daniel Marans